Pushing the limits of handheld digital microscopy, the 8-megapixel AM8917MZTL digital microscope delivers 4k high resolution and colour fidelity for a natural-looking and detailed imaging experience. AM8917MZTL includes a polarizer for reducing unwanted reflections as well as eFLC for maximizing lighting adjustability.
The AM8917MZTL is part of the Long working distance range (LWD) with magnification from 10 – 140x, continuously variable, providing a wider field of view and extended working distance to the object (up to 23 cms) making it ideal for applications such as repair, rework and assembly tasks or where the object is bulky.
Focus stacking with the Extended Depth of Field (EDOF) feature automatically stacks images at different focus level to improve the depth of field on rough or uneven surfaces. Contrast stacking with the Extended Dynamic Range (EDR) feature reveals details of darker or brighter areas within the object by stacking images at different exposure levels (at the moment EDR & EDOF only function under Windows OS).
The built-in Automatic Magnification Reading (AMR), allows measurements to be performed easily and quickly as any changes to magnification quickly appear in the Dino-Capture software.
Depth Aquisition (DPQ). This new feature utilises the delicate focus control of this model to acquire depth information of surface defects such as scratches, cracks and corrosion. Learn more about DPQ here.
- Magnification - 10x -140x, continuously variable
- Working Distance - long working distance
- Resolution - 8.0 Megapixel using latest EdgePLUS sensor offering 4K resolution in 16:9 aspect ratio (requires new 3.0 software)
- Contrast - EdgePLUS series delivers images with higher contrast. Expect clearer image details when imaging with the EdgePLUS series.
- Frame rate - with upgraded CMOS sensors and the use of low-loss compression MJPEG format, the EdgePLUS series microscopes offer higher-quality live imaging at up to 25 FPS.
- High Sensitivity - the EdgePLUS series high sensitivity sensors may detect faint features that would otherwise remain unseen— useful when viewing samples under fluorescence, UV, and infrared.
- EDOF Extended Depth of Field
- EDR Extended Dynamic Range
- DPQ Depth Aquisition
- AMR Automatic Magnification Reading for quick & easy measurements
- eFLC Flexible LED Control provides independent on/off control to the four LED quadrants in addition to the 6-level intensity adjustment.
- Polariser - a built-in polarisation filter makes this model ideal when working with shiny or reflective objects such as metal, plastic, glass, jewellery, electronics, etc.
- Metal housing - designed for robustness and endurance, the anodized aluminum metal housing of the EdgePLUS series protects the Dino-Lite from UV and electromagnetic interference
- Interface - USB-C and 2.0 with cable lock
- Software - DinoCapture for Windows 10 & 11
- Detachable cable - the EdgePLUS series detachable cable design enhances the Dino-Lite reliability.
- Exchangeable End caps - different end caps supplied to suit any professional application, including a closed cap for protection of the lens in dusty environments or when working with liquids, a diffuser cap to spread the light on the object evenly and an open collar for extended working distance. In addition by removing the end cap, the full range of magnification can be used or more working space can be achieved.
- 2 Year Warranty
Download the data sheet for full specification in the technical documents tab below .
|Field of View
|Depth of Field
|60.69 x 34.14 mm
|30.35 x 17.07 mm
|20.23 x 11.38 mm
|12.14 x 6.83 mm
|8.67 x 4.88 mm
|6.07 x 3.41 mm
|4.67 x 2.63 mm
|4.34 x 2.44 mm
This Dino-Lite USB microscope includes software for PC (DinoCapture). DinoCapture 3.0 is just released for Windows and is needed to work with 4k resolution in 16:9 ratio. The software is robust and easy to use with extensive features allowing: image capture, storage and email, live and time lapse video, measurement with calibration, annotation, geotagging, full screen capability, auto and manual exposure control, picture within picture zoom (magnifier) and much more. MicroTouch snapshot function is also standard on the Dino-Lite Edge series.
Microscope, Carry pouch, Software CD, Calibration target, User manual, Exchangeable end caps
Stands & Accessories
Dino-Lite offer a broad range of stands, lighting and control accessories. A stand is recommended for all but the lowest magnification levels. We have selected some of the more popular stands and optional items for this microscope which can be found on the Related Accessories tab below. Alternatively view all Dino-Lite accessories here.
Dino-Lite is the original inventor of the small hand-held USB digital microscope, and now the Taiwanese manufacturer produces over 150 models which are packed with functionality and state-of-the-art technology for microscopic inspection at up to 900x magnification. Priced between £100 and £2000, there is a model to suit every application from industrial customers to conservationists and the discerning hobbyist. Dino-Lite digital microscopes are the first choice for those prepared to invest in a premier model. Read our guide to Dino-Lite microscopes here.
|Product List Attributes
• 8 Megapixel resolution
|Country of Origin
|Taiwan, Province of China
|Polariser, EDOF, EDR, AMR, Metal housing, Long working distance, Exchangeable end caps, FLC, ESD Safe
|Industry, Laboratories, University
|Frame Rate (Max)
|Windows 7, 8, 10 & 11
Free UK Delivery when you spend over £100 | 30 Days to return | Same Day Shipping
Christmas 2023 Shipments. Last order dates for UK deliveries to arrive in time for Christmas are:
Monday 18/12/22 Standard Delivery
Wednesday 20/12/22 DPD Next Day
Deliveries will continue as normal throughout Christmas & New Year subject to UK National holidays on 25-26/12/23 and 1/1/24
Order before 1pm for same day despatch (Mon - Fri) for products in stock
- Standard Delivery: within 4 working days. Exceptions as below
- Orders over £100 - Free
- Orders below £100 - £3.90
- Next Day Delivery: Tracked delivery by courier (deliveries are made Mon - Fri) - £6.00
Orders for heavy or bulky items maybe maybe subject to a surcharge and take longer to deliver.
Orders for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and Channel Islands maybe subject to a surcharge and take longer to deliver.
EU & Worldwide Deliveries
Order before 1pm for same day despatch (Mon - Fri) for products in stock
We use DHL Express Courier Delivery - cost varies with delivery address and product weight.
To see the delivery cost you must first Add to Basket a product that you are interested to purchase and then enter your delivery address in the basket or checkout pages. If you do not see any delivery options during checkout please use the Request a Quote option.
All orders for delivery outside UK are supplied on CPT (Incoterms) basis, which excludes insurance and any local taxes. This means that you will have to pay your local tax and any applicable duties to the carrier before receiving your delivery. Failing to do so may result in your package being returned to us.
You can find the tariff code and country of origin in the "More Information Tab" on every product page on our website. This information will enable you to estimate any local import taxes/duties which might be requested by your customs.
How much will delivery cost?
Delivery costs will be estimated in your basket, except under certain conditions. You must enter your country and post code, or be logged into your account, to see your options for delivery and the cost for each method. In the event that you do not see any delivery options during checkout please use the Request a Quote option for a personal quotation.
Request for Quote?
To request a quotation is simple, just use the Add to Quote button which can be found on all product pages next to the Add to Basket button, create an account and send the request. We aim to respond to all quote requests within 24 hours. For help visit our Request a Quote (RFQ) page.
What about Returns?
You have 30 days to return an item for any reason. Just follow the instructions here.